Now I promised a post on some things from Hearth and Hand that I thought you can pass up on. I like to think I’m a practical person, so like I said in my last post, if I think I can find a similar product for cheaper then I won’t get something just because it’s brand name. Yes, there are certain brands I trust, but as far as home decor goes…I go for the cheap, cute stuff!
Here are some things I think aren’t worth the money by Hearth and Hand:
- These little house vase things? Don’t get me wrong, I think they’re super cute and would make a sweet little Christmas village with little lights and some greenery…BUT in the Target dollar spot this year, they had almost the exact same little white ceramic houses for $3. Can’t beat that. I haven’t been able to find them in my Target yet, so if you have
don’t tell me because I’ll be super jealouslet me know where!
- This galvanized lantern is really cute, but even just a quick Google search showed my similar items for much cheaper. I feel like I see these all over Home Goods/Hobby Lobby any time I go.
- These stockings are super cute and reasonably priced. However, I don’t know about you, but I like my family stockings to match…so I think about if I have to get another (for yes, future babies) and Hearth and Hand has discontinued their line or maybe the line next Christmas don’t match this season’s line…then it would be a hassle to try and find stockings that go together that aren’t the same brand/line. Just my two cents.
- I thought this Christmas countdown was adorable, but when I saw it in person I thought, “What the heck can I fit in those tiny numbered envelopes…one single tic tac??” They’re so small you can barely fit a piece of chocolate in there. So if your purpose is to use it to put little trinkets in the pockets, good luck finding stuff small enough. This one has been a personal favorite of mine for years, but I’ve never gotten it…I think this year is the year!
- Both of the wreath hangers, I thought were pointless to get by H&H (yes I abbreviated it because we’re that close). There’s nothing special about them, so I think you can get a similar or cuter one somewhere else.
- I saw a galvanized tree collar at Walmart that looked exactly like this one by H&H, except around $20. So that’s why this made the list.
So as promised, there’s a list of things by Hearth & Hand that I would definitely pass up. I hope Joanna takes no offense to my frugal home decor style, but I hope she understands.